an opinionated static site generator written in Typescript.
Source Code Documentation Site (this needs a little updating.)
Is it ready for production use? It’s ready in the sense that I personally use it. But it’s very much a tool that’s made by me, for me, and thus might not be suited to your needs.
- HTML templating, layouts, and partials using JS template strings.
- Write pages in a Markdown subset, or with HTML.
- flat file content structure. Builds the site in the exact structure as the source content, unless you change it.
- image processing via
Graphicsmagickto make web-ready images
- as few dependencies as possible - most tools are created as subdirectories, and only uses npm packages that have zero dependencies of their own for text content. (Processing images and media requires more packages)
There’s a Roadmap in place for updating Wanderer, but there is no set update schedule.
- For image compression to work properly, your computer needs both
pngquantinstalled and on the path.
- release // Dec 21, 2019
- Image Processing in wanderer // Dec 22, 2019
- Streams and spawning in Node.JS // Dec 24, 2019
- Setting up Configuration // Dec 31, 2019
- Quicklinks // Jan 6, 2020
- Writing a Cache // Jan 7, 2020
- A Day of Bugfixing // Jan 8, 2020
- Image Caching in wanderer // Jan 18, 2020
- Plugins & Docs // Mar 18, 2020
- Wanderer Refactor // Oct 24, 2020
- Rethinking wanderer // Jul 25, 2021
- Wanderer Refactor 2.0: Typescript Edition // Jul 25, 2022
- RSS Feeds and NPM Packages // Aug 15, 2022
- Graphicsmagick -> Imagemagick // Mar 31, 2023